Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Action research running blog

"A-HA!"
I think that I finally had a good moment with the research process results that I'm trying to implement. 1st trimester, I didn't feel as if I got a good shot at effectively implementing all of the things that wanted to, due to a couple of factors--especially the fact that we re-worked the curriculum to make it more accessible and meaningful to students. In doing so, however, we took more time in implementing our writing process and getting the kind of results that I was hoping for. Now, however, we are doing, with the 10B stuff, what I thought we'd be doing in 10A - which is making the writing process clearly-defined and in line with the research plan I had developed earlier. I had one student literally say "I like the way that we did that essay, with the feedback. We should do that every time." And that is, indeed, the plan. I'm grading the essays currently, so my next entry will be speaking on the results. It may be close to the F2F for the January meeting, though, so heads up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh look what a great teacher you are! Your student loves what your doing and learned something! Did you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you read that?

    ReplyDelete