Monday, March 10, 2014

AR results summary

Honestly, some of the results of the Action Research are discernible more by me than by students (which, I suppose, isn't that surprising - I clearly know what's best for everyone!). In fact, it is even skewed by some of the percentages of grades that I've been measuring for students across 2 years of writing grade results. The largest percentage of improvement with regard to the new order and implementation of feedback order is in the numbers that aren't getting D's or F's anymore - that is good! In fact, from 9th to 10th grade, it was a huge jump in better grades, percentage-wise. That is good - now all I have to do is get those A's and B's up a bit and I'll be rockin' it.
The results are also prompting me to realize that, with the adoption of a new curriculum with my colleagues, I don't have things as polished and practiced as they will be in the future, and I know that I'll keep working to help that, and that that will help push the %'s in the correct direction.

1 comment:

  1. Dusty,
    I'm thinking of making you a banner to hang in your class! Something along the lines of how much you rock! Great job on your implementation! Don't worry about your new curriculum, you'll have plenty of time next year when Masters is done.

    ReplyDelete