Thursday, July 18, 2013

“SUPER SUMMER STRETCH GOOD TIMES YEAH HEY NOW!”



“SUPER SUMMER STRETCH GOOD TIMES YEAH HEY NOW!” - Dusty Neibauer
1. Re-make 10th grade curriculum
- Still working on it, and probably will be throughout tri 1 and 2. However, it’s coming along.
2. Re-make 10th grade Pre-AP curriculum
- See addendum to #1. However, I do get to teach one of my favorite novels of all-time, and we ordered it, and it looks so nice!
3. Make significant headway in my M.Ed. work in a timely manner
- Doing it, between watching the baby, feeding the baby, basketball, behind-the-wheel instruction, changing the baby, reading to the baby, etc.!
4. Tailor 10th grade curriculum to the use of the ipad on a 1:1 ratio
- See #1!
5. Find a time to read novels of my own choosing!
- Not really accomplished, although I’ve gone through two thus far (which isn’t good for us English teacher types)- Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon, and The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson.
6. Go parasailing for a Stretch goal-thing.
- There weren’t any good deals on such a thing. I’m modifying this to include learning how to wakeboard, as it’s something I’ve never done.
- I’ve done it! No picture, though...bummer. it sure wasn’t on this day, though!
7. Help Elise, my daughter, walk well without falling down and crying.
SUCCESS! She is walking along like a drunken Frankenstein’s monster, which is to say that she doesn’t bend her knees, falls down, runs crazily, and makes indecipherable noises whilst doing it (this is before Frankenstein’s monster learned French from that family and became a revenge-laden sociopathic beast) (I hope Elise doesn't become the afore-mentioned thing...much like Frankenstein's monster, she doesn't know her own power!).




No comments:

Post a Comment